- What is The Golf Channel Amateur Tour?
- Golf Channel Am Tour is the largest, most authentic amateur golf tour in North America for all ages and skill levels with more than 7,000 active members and 50 local tours. We offer more than 700 stroke-play tournaments including more than 30 Majors each season, all leading to the National and Senior National Championships.
- Members from across North America compete at world class golf courses such as Pinehurst, Kiawah Island, PGA WEST, Chambers Bay, Turning Stone, Bayonet & Blackhorse, The Homestead, TPC Sawgrass and many more.
- Find your local tour today at www.gcamtour.com.
- Membership Benefits
- 365 day membership
- Fair competition with golfers of your skill level
- Tournament style golf at elite courses
- Compete in any Am Tour tournament across the country
- 12 flights based on personal handicap
- Official USGA Handicap Index service
- Real-time player stats at www.amtour.com
- Free mobile app for iPhone and Android
- Top prizing and trophies
- Opportunity to qualify for 2015 National Championships
- Golf Channel Am Tour offers an amazing player experience to all qualified competitors. The 2014 National Championships were at Talking Stick Resort and Grayhawk Golf Club. Players enjoyed:
- Welcome Dinner featuring Golf Channel talent
- On-site player interviews
- Top-notch nightly scoring parties
- Guest brunches for our players’ significant others
- Daily leaderboard updates featured on Golf Central, Morning Drive and social media networks
- Golf Channel Amateur Tour is the largest amateur golf tour in North America and the only tour powered by Golf Channel. Am Tour provides an authentic TOUR-style tournament golf experience to players of all ages and abilities, allowing golfers to compete with others at their skill level, gain access to top courses in their area and across the country.
- Membership is open to everyone who loves to play tournament golf! Am Tour offers 12 flights, including six senior flights, to accommodate for fair and competitive play. Whether you’re an accomplished scratch player or a beginner, there’s a place for you on Am Tour.
- Annual membership is $199 to join and good for 365 days. It includes the ability to compete in TOUR-style quality, professionally-run golf tournaments in more than 50 cities across the U.S., Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Canada. Compete in 700 local tournaments and more than 30 two-day Major Championships. Membership does not include entry fees to individual tournaments which vary based on tournament location, time of year, number of rounds and venue. Please visit www.gcamtour.com for additional information.
- Sign up online at www.gcamtour.com/join or contact your local tour director to learn more.
- Member Welcome Packs ship within 6 to 8 weeks after registration. If you experience any issues receiving your items, please contact customer service at email@example.com
- Entry fees for each event vary based on tournament location, time of year, number of rounds and venue. Check your Local Tour schedule for more information at www.gcamtour.com.
- Yes, golf carts are included in the price of all tournament entry fees at no additional cost.
- Please contact the local tournament director with specific questions about events. Contact information is listed on the “Info” page for each tournament.
- Tournaments in cities across the U.S. throughout the year, and most tournaments take place during weekend days (either on Saturday or Sunday or both). View full schedules at your local tour page on www.gcamtour.com.
- Each Am Tour tournament is designed to provide a quality Tour-style experience and are hosted on the best public and private courses utilizing professional scoring. All players are announced off the first tee and the top finishers in each flight win prizes and trophies. All Am Tour events abide by USGA©Rules of Golfincluding those rules pertaining to amateur status Additional tournament information can be found in theAm Tour Player Handbook
- Members can choose to play in as many tournaments as they wish – there are no requirements. However, in order to be eligible for the National Championship tournament, a player must compete in a minimum of 6 tournament rounds*, 2 of which must be on/after June 1st. The more events you play, the more opportunities you have to earn Order of Merit Points which are used to determine qualification for in the National Championship.*Please note that playing in 6 events does not guarantee a position in the National Championship, for more information on qualifying for the National Championship, consult the Player Handbook.
- Yes, absolutely! Golf Channel Amateur Tour members can compete in any local tournament or major championship across the country. Entries for these events are on a first come, first serve basis.The only tournament that requires eligibility and qualification to play is the National Championship.
- You can register for tournaments via the official Golf Channel Amateur Tour website, www.gcamtour.com, or by contacting the Local Tour Director in your area.
- No. Golf Channel Amateur Tour conforms to USGA® rules regarding Amateur Status, so it will not affect your amateur status.
- Non-members, or guests, are allowed to compete in up to 2 local Am Tour events per year, based upon space availability. However, they are not eligible for prizes, winnings, or Order of Merit Points, nor are they eligible to compete in any Majors or the National Championship. A non-member may join the Tour at anytime. Please contact your Local Tour Director to register as a guest.
- Yes, but if you do not currently have a USGA Handicap Index®, an official USGA® Handicap service from Golf Channel is provided as part of your Am Tour membership. The Golf Channel Golf Club Handicap® is considered a Type 3 Club by the USGA®. For more information on handicapping, click here.
- Unfortunately, no. The Golf Channel Amateur Tour utilizes a handicap service called the “Players Club” and scores from other handicap providers must be manually entered during the member registration process.All tournament rounds played on Am Tour will be automatically posted to the Players Club handicap index but cannot be posted to an outside index. Any non-tournament rounds must be manually entered into a Players Club account by the member.
- All Golf Channel Amateur Tour events conform to USGA® rules and are generally individual stroke play events at scratch within each flight. Am Tour Players are initially flighted based on their USGA Handicap Index and are re-flighted monthly based on their Golf Channel Am Tour index to compete only against players in their flight.For a complete listing of tournament rules and all Golf Channel Amateur Tour flights, refer to the Am Tour Player Handbook.
- A major championship is a competitive, 2-day, 36-hole tournament that typically draws registrants from across the country. Players earn double the Order of Merit Points they would find at a local event, and the top three finishers in each flight, including ties, receive invitations to the National Championship and Senior National Championship tournaments.Players do not need to qualify for Majors, as they are open to all current and active Am Tour Players. Guests are not allowed to compete in Majors, with the exception of Duel In The Desert.
- Order of Merit Points are points awarded to tournament players in each flight based on their order of finish. The more events you play, the more opportunities you have to earn Order of Merit Points, which are used to determine qualification for the National Championship. Points carry NO monetary value.
- The National Championship and the Senior National Championship are 72-hole stroke-play tournaments that take place at the end of the Golf Channel Amateur Tour season, and they determine the National & Senior National Champions in each player flight.in order to receive an invitation to compete in the National Championship and Senior National Championship tournaments, an Am Tour player must be ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFIED. To become eligible, a player must compete in a minimum of 6 tournament rounds*, 2 of which must be on/after June 1, 2015. A tournament round is designated as a posted 18-hole or 36 hole tournament score.
There are many ways a player can become qualified, including placing in the top 3 in a Major tournament, earning a qualifying number of Order of Merit Points, being a past National Champion and more.
For a complete listing of National Championship/ Senior National Championship tournament rules and ways to qualify, refer to the Am Tour Player Handbook.
*Please note that playing in 6 events does not guarantee a position in the National Championship.
- Yes. Everyone who loves golf is welcome to sign up and compete on the Golf Channel Amateur Tour. Women play from one tee in front of their similarly-flighted male counterparts.
- You can purchase official Golf Channel Amateur Tour golf attire and more from our online store here. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
- The Golf Channel Amateur Tour Referral Program rewards those members who refer their friends to play on the Am Tour. The more friends you refer, the more you can earn.
It’s easy:Have your Friends and Family follow three steps
1. Visit www.gcamtour.com/join and click the JOIN NOW button.
2. Find the Membership Registration Page
3. Complete the Membership Registration Formand include your Full Name and Local Tour City in the “Referred by a Member” field
The More Friends You Refer, the More Rewards You Earn! Learn more at www.gcamtour.com/join-refer.
- You should receive your Golf Channel Am Tour Referral reward via mail or electronic mail between 6 to 8 weeks from the date your friend registered. Your friend must remain a member for at least one month after their purchase date in order for you to be issued a referral reward. For additional questions about the Referral Program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No. The more friends you refer, the more referral rewards you can earn!
- Yes! Your Referral must provide us with your contact name and information in order for you to receive proper credit.